All lectures are free, begin at 7.30 pm and are held at Hinde Street Methodist Church, Hinde Street, W1U 2QJ.
- Tuesday 13 February: Professor Tina Beattie “Feminism and the Frontline: Friend or Foe of the Christian Faith?”
- Tuesday 13 March: Rev Donald Eadie “No longer victims but liberators”
- Tuesday 17 April: Rev Dr Martin Johnstone “Fragility, the shocking new ‘f-word’ for the Church”
- Tuesday 8 May: Rev Trey Hall “Christianity as Second Language: Evangelism and Identity in a post-Colonial World”
- Tuesday 12 June: Rev Dr Canon Rachel Mann “From Edge to Centre? Being Transgender in the Church Today”
This event takes place on Saturday 27 January from 12.30 – 7 pm at Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church. It is organised by Music in Bloomsbury and Organists Online. Throughout the afternoon there will be a series of snapshots of some the interesting events happening in the organ world. There are ongoing refreshments, displays of relevant material, and sales of CDs and books. For further details, see http://www.organistsonline.org/bloomsbury.
The Annual Burns Supper organised by the Rambling and Social Club will take place in the church hall on Saturday 10 February at 6.30 for 7 pm – better late than never!
There will be all the usual speeches, the traditional haggis, neeps and tatties, and of course, the chance to take to the floor and show off your Scottish country dancing skills.
Tickets will be available from Margaret Ross in the New Year, but be sure to place your order (and pay your money – price to be advised in due course!) early to avoid disappointment.