No sooner are the BAFTAs out of the way, when the Oliviers are upon us! And to add insult to injury, there are works planned to the junction of Russell Street, Wellington Street and Bow Street. See below for details.
Junction resurfacing works
- Works on the pavement and to widen the zebra crossing will start on 24 March.
- Works will stop from 6 – 15 April.
- The junction will be closed for two weeks from 16 – 30 April to allow a raised junction treatment to be installed. During this period it will not be possible to get through the junction and the part of Russell Street leading from Bow Street to the Covent Garden Piazza will be closed.
These will be held at the Royal Opera House on Sunday 13 April. Details of the effects on traffic are as follows:
- Bow Street and Russell Street will be closed from 6 am till 11.59 pm on Sunday 13 April. This will severely restrict parking in the area.
- Access to Russell Street will be restricted from Saturday 12 April.
- The event outside the ROH in Bow Street starts at 5 pm on Sunday, but members of the public will probably start arriving long before that time.
- There will be a temporary stage in front of St Paul’s Church in the West Piazza with live performances from 5 pm until 9.30 pm.